Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just Around The River Bend....

I thought I would make this clear right away:
I am straight up Pocahontas!

Today Mark, Ashley, Pope and I had the day off (of course I did, who am I kidding?). We've been planning to have a fun day for the past week and we finally settled on canoeing. As we all know from our Mud Lake experience, I am VERY good at canoeing. The four of us rented two canoes at the ORC and drove out to Warm Slough. Getting there was half the battle. Apparently, the tie-downs they gave us were not sufficient to keeping the canoe on top of my car. The one on top of Ashley's was fine for whatever reason, but mine was sliding back and forth across my car and it was totally freaking me out. Me and Pope had to pull over twice to tie it down better. At least it didn't fall off! I kept imagining it flying off my car, catching the wind and taking out a small child or a parked car or something. Once we finally got there we put the canoes in the water and dropped my car off at Beaver Dick Park (our final destination). Then our adventure began! Ashley had never been canoeing before, so it was pretty fun to rock her boat a little. Pope learned quickly that if he made fun of me, he got an oar-full of water all up in his face. So fun! He did get me back a little, but that's okay. It took us about 4 hours to get down the river (which was VERY slow moving and shallow). We only ran into a single tree and became beached on the sand once, which I think is pretty good. We saw a blue heron and a water snake and I also may or may not have sang "Just Around the River Bend" for a majority of the time we were out there. Everyone else joined in as well. Like I said, I am straight up Pocahontas. My hair was even braided, I have a little racoon friend and I know someone who is Indian, so there you go! You can't deny the similarities! Luckily, the canoe didn't fall off of my car on the way home either. Once we got here, we made breakfast burritos and I am eating mine as we speak! DELICIOUS! What a great day! Miss you girls!

<3 Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment