Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Attempted Boating

Today started slow. I woke up at 9:30 and ate breakfast and wanted to go running, but I wasn't feeling well so I took a shower. Afterwards I decided to be productive, so I went and picked up Sydney's bike at 509 and went to Ace Hardware and purchased the necessary tool to fix it.


QUESTION: Guess how much it cost?

ANSWER: $1.11


Isn't that awesome?! After that, I pumped up the tires and took it for a spin around the neighborhood. It was great! (Don't worry Sydney, I will give you the little wrench so you can fix future handlebar problems easily and efficiently). Next, Beth called and said Kayla was coming into town and wanted us to go boating with her and her mom and all the young women from their ward. So, the three of us got ready and drove out to Ririe Reservoir (the long, scenic route through Idaho Falls). When we got there, there was no one else to be found. We circled the parking lot and camping area looking fro Kayla's mom, but to no avail. Unfortunately, there was also no cell service. Our last hope was to go down to the dock and wait to see if anyone would come around that we recognized. We laid out our towels and sunbathed (Beth and Kayla with their SPF 4 tanning oil and me with my SPF 30 sunblock). We were there for a hour or so and saw no sign of anyone we knew so we decided to go. Isn't it great that we drove for an hour one way and paid three dollars to lay out on a dock full of fishing Mexicans just to come back to Rexburg an hour later? Somehow, I still got sunburned. Good times. (You know you're from Alaska when...) When we got back into Rexburg we went to Taco Bell and came back to the apartment to have a slumbie and watch Coroline. Woohoo! We'll catch up more tomorrow. I miss you guys!



<3 Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment