Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Final Countdown

How many times can one person complain about moving? Well, it's a lot cause I catch myself doing it all of the time. I am moving on either Monday or Tuesday. That's only 5 or 6 days and I am dreading it. These are the reasons:

1. I don't have a job
2. I don't have an apartment
3. I don't have any money
4. I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to friends
5. The future is very uncertain
6. I have to buy furniture/ sleep on the floor
7. I HATE MOVING.

These, however, are the reasons I should be more excited:

1. I am going to live with 2 great friends
2. We will have our own place
3. I'll get to meet new friends
4. I'll be closer to all of the concerts in SLC
5. Lil' Meg is right there in Draper
6. And let's be honest, I'm only 4 hours from Rexburg

I have to keep telling myself that everything is okay. I gave the R.S. lesson in Church on Sunday and it was about finding joy in life. As I was giving the lesson, I came to the realization that: Yes, this is scary, but the Lord will take care of me. I just need to take steps toward the goals that I have and He will lead me to where I need to be. I have since decided that I need to give Utah a fair chance and that I am going to be super excited about it (or at least try). So here we go! This is going to be great! Only 5 or 6 days till the rest of my life. WOOHOO!

<3 Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment