Friday, September 11, 2009

...And I Think I'm There...

What a week in the life of Mikey. So much has happened, and let me tell you, it has been a roller coaster ride of emotions. Let's just say it hasn't always been fun, but it's getting better incredibly fast.

Monday:
I spent my last full day in Rexburg. I packed and packed and packed and then tried to shove it all in my car. I was like the 3D puzzle from hell trying to get all of my stuff in there, you have no idea. I was really impressed when I was done though. Doubly impressive that I did it all by myself. I was magically able to leave a small area of my back window clear so I could see, which is always nice when traveling on the freeway. For the rest of the day on Monday I hung out with my good friend Ashley, with whom I've been staying for the past 7 weeks. We went to dinner and ice cream with Kate, Pope, Jacob Simpson, Tyler Camp, Jacob Barlow, and Brandon and Laura Allison. It was really nice to see everyone, but it really sucked at the end of the night when I had to say goodbye. I'm not going to lie, I may or may not have had a mini breakdown when I left to go to sleep. I wish that I wouldn't have even bothered, cause I didn't fall asleep until 3 in the morning anyway. I kept waking up remembering things that I needed to do the next morning before I left.

Tuesday:
After a completely unsatisfying night's rest, I awoke at 6:45 am to say goodbye to Ashley before she left for work. I'll admit it, I did cry that time (especially after she left). I spent the rest of the morning eating breakfast with Brianna Dance, visiting with Mark, Beth and Sydney, and running a thousand errands that shouldn't have taken as long as they did. My departure time kept getting pushed back further and further because I didn't want to go. Finally, I got up the courage and after a quick prayer hopped into my car. I put on a little Anberlin (my favorite band) and started driving. I made it to about the Rexburg city limits before I started crying. I am usually not a super emotional person, so driving and crying is not one of my strong points. I waved in the rearview mirror, said "I'll be back soon", and sang as loud as I could until I couldn't think anymore. I was fine after five minutes, but then a new problem presented itsself. I was tired. This made the remaining 3 hours and 45 minutes of my drive super fun... Beth left Rexburg about the same time to come to SLC for the fun. concert. I didn't have a ticket, but I tagged along anyway only to discover that it was sold out. Luckily, Beth's brother Adam new some people who worked at a radio station and they got me in for free! It was incredible. One point for Utah. What a great show! They really were fantastic live, I would recommend them to anyone. Bethy was on cloud nine when she got to meet each of the band members and I took pictures. What a great night. We crashed at Adam and Julie's for the night. Lights out: 10:00pm.

Wednesday:
I didn't realize until I said goodbye to Beth and pulled away from the parking lot that I was actually homeless. I literally had no where to go and nothing to do. This is when I had another mini breakdown and called my grandma. She said I could stay at her place, So I drove down to Orem, dropped off my things and proceeded to drive back to SLC to pick up Brooke at the airport. Holli met us in town and the apartment search began! We looked in North Salt Lake, South Salt Lake, Regular Salt Lake, Murray, and Taylorsville. Lots of places we like, but still not THE ONE. We celebrated the end of search day #1 with a lunch date with lil' Meg in Midvale. Two points for Utah.

Thursday:
We found THE ONE. Brooke and I continued the search and found the perfect place in Holladay. It is called Turnberry Apartments, and they are just adorable. We were referred by multiple friends, so I guess that's a good sign. We called Holli, made sure she was okay with it, and picked up our applications. We were so giddy that it was ridiculous. It's like we just knew when we got there. I was so anxious about being denied that I couldn't sleep again. I laid in my bed until 3:30 am. and then decided to take a little field trip around my grandparent's house. I walked downstairs and upstairs and up and down the halls. I ate some grapes and opened every single door and drawer that I could find. When I eventually ran out of things to do, it was 4:15 so I decided to try again and was finally successful. Negative one point for Utah.

Friday:
I scared myself awake this morning, and for good reason. I overslept by an hour. Didn't even hear my alarm. Retarded. I was supposed to meet Brooke and Holli at 9 in Holladay, but I didn't get there until 10:30. ooops. We turned in our applications and deposit and patiently awaited the verdict. While waiting, we found the most delicious Taco Bell on the face of the earth on State St. Another point for Utah. Finally the call came at 4:44 that we had gotten the apartment. Brooke immediately updated her Facebook status via cellphone and I texted everybody I knew. The only downfall: we can't move in till Monday. We don't even care, we are just so happy! This is finally starting to feel real. This earns FIVE points for Utah.

<3 Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment