Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm definitely there.

I am happy. Life is going so good and Utah is fun! Woohoo! I've accepted that this is the next step in my life and I'm loving it. Our apartment is great. Holli and Brooke are the best roommates I could ask for. We have people who actually like us: Mike, Billy and Ryan. We hang out with them almost everyday, which is nice. Last week we went to Denny's at 12:30 a.m. and then had to go to work the next day. It was totally worth it though. I'm enjoying work, which shocks me a little. I am the only girl in the office and everyone else is married. My favorite person is this guy named Marty because he always apologizes (only to me) when he swears. I think it's hilarious. He also can't remember my name. He used to call me Bridget and now he calls me Barbie. I'm considering changing my name...

I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again...
So, I have had a major clutsy moment already. I'm telling you, sometimes concrete stairs just appear out of nowhere and there's nothing you can do about it. I may or may not have been walking with my hands in my pocket when I tripped, making it very difficult to catch myself. My knees hit first, then my hip, wrist, elbow, shoulder, and then the side of my face. I felt retarded. I laid on the ground for a minute or so while Holli and Brooke laughed at me. Almost immediately, my left knee swelled up so much that I couldn't bend it anymore which made it hard to hide my injury. It's been 3 days, and it's still swollen, but not as bad as it was before. It is pretty funny. I've realized that I always injure myself in the most awkward ways. It's like it is absolutely impossible for me to hurt myself in a respectable way, like saving a child or getting into a boxing match. Let me list my awkward injuries:

• Knocked out playing goalie in gym, 4th grade
• Ran into metal pole while running the mile, 6th grade
• Knocked out by a giant kickball, 9th grade
• Jammed finger while having falling dream, 11th grade
• Broke toe while mud sliding, sophomore year of college
• Swollen knee after falling with hands in pockets, 2nd month in Utah

Wow, there are more than I thought. By reading this, someone might think I am completely retarded. I really hope not... PS: I would really recommend not walking with your hands in your pockets. There is a lesson to be learned from my awkwardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment